Last Updated on
Wanderlust magazine announced the winners of Travel Awards 2012. Basically, they’ve asked their readers in November and December to answer some questions regarding their year in travel.
The answers were centralized, and the final results were made public yesterday. Beware though: the results are surprising, as top emerging countries are interesting (and in some there are politically problems – and not only). Some tour operators however say they will integrate in their offer these destinations. But let’s have a look at the final results:
Top Emerging Destination: Sudan
- Cook Islands
Top Country: Japan
- Japan 97.27
- Bhutan 96.67
- New Zealand 96.61
- Burma 94.88
- Namibia 94.85
- Laos 94.81
- Madagascar 93.89
- Argentina 93.77
- Cambodia 92.91
- Rwanda 92.50
Also from the top:
- Top City: Luang Prabang, Laos
- Top Tour Operator: Audley
- Top Guidebook Series: Dorling Kindersley
- Top TV / radio programme: Frozen Planet / Excess Baggage
- Top Airline: Singapore Airlines
- Top UK Airport: London City
- Top Worldwide Airport: Paro, Bhutan / Singapore Changi
- Top Equipment Brand: Rohan
- Top Website: Mountain Kingdoms
You can see the complete list of the final results here.
How do you find these results?
And what do you think of the top emerging countries? In which one would you travel in 2012?